As we go into the next phase many businesses are facing the challenges that will come with reopening, Don’t wait for the Government to announce you can reopen before you make plans, make a start on them now so that when the changes are implemented you are able to hit the ground running and get your business back up and running. This is a quick step by step guide to help you get ready to reopen:-
- #Step1 is to look at your finances, what is your break-even point? What do you need to stay afloat for the next 6 months? Have you applied to grants or loans and how will this affect the long-term growth of your business? Get you cash flow forecast updated and make sure it is accurate.
- #Step2 Review your business plan, if you created your plan before the lockdown, you will need to review it. Look at your targets, review your people strategy, review your sales targets, review your marketing and make it REALISTIC
- #Step3 Review your marketing strategy. Right now, your audience is online, so make sure are telling them about how you plan to reopen when the Government makes it possible for you to do so and how you can ensure peoples safety with additional measures.
- #Step4 is making sure your business operations are set up ready to reopen. These will no doubt need to be amended. Make sure your regular supplies are up to date and look at your working practices and what you need to do to adhere to social distances guidelines.
- #Step5 Prepare your staff for getting back into work. Adjusting to normal working hours will be a challenge, many people won’t have had any kind of structure and some may be anxious about coming back to work, others will simply have enjoyed the free time. So, the best way to deal with it, is to open up the conversation and reassure your team, you are going to do everything possible to provide a safe working environment.
- #Step6 Do you need to outsource any tasks to help get your business back up and running; HR, marketing, suppliers, finance etc. Get this sorted now so that you can focus 100% on your customers and sales when you reopen.
- #Step7 What do your customers need from you? Post lockdown the way we do business will be very different, you need to reassure your customers about how you can make your premises safe and what you have done to ensure social distancing
- #Step8 Review your procedures so far. Look to see if you have any gaps in your business strategy before you reopen. Make sure you are prepared, you can use my free gap analysis tool by clicking this link https://buff.ly/2xVcIuI, it will help you to look at each area of your business and make a structured plan for your next steps.
Then it’s time to take a well-earned break, looking after yourself is as important as looking after your business. For any more advice or support please get in touch.